BlueGreen is at the forefront of water safety, pioneering the fight against water depletion using cutting-edge technology and scientific ingenuity. This makes our company a very exciting place to be. If you’re a talented individual wanting to make a meaningful impact on the world while working in a dynamic environment filled with creative, driven people, BlueGreen might just be the place for you!
Building a rewarding career
At BlueGreen, you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest scientific minds, talented business professionals, and ground-breaking technologies. Be challenged every day while building a fulfilling and meaningful career.
What our employees love about us
We support the hybrid way of life – work from home, work from the office, take charge of your time
We offer generous benefits, an investment plan, and plenty of fun events, like happy hours to keep things interesting.
There’s never a dull day at the office. Our dynamic culture and friendly and supportive office environment will make you want to stick around.
We are committed to your growth. Whether you want to develop soft skills, hard skills, or climb the career ladder, we make it our business to help you succeed.
Our dynamic team
For us, it’s all about people – we know that each and every person has something special to contribute to our team and we make space for everyone to shine.
BlueGreen is headquartered in Modi’in-Maccabim-Re’ut which is centrally located within Israel and readily accessible by road and public transport. We also have offices in the US, Israel, Africa, and China.
Remote Sensing Analyst Salt Water
About The Position
Position Location: Israel, Modi’in Hybrid
BlueGreen Water Technologies is leading the charge in helping preserve and promote life on Earth by restoring, safeguarding, and optimizing the health and safety of waterbodies worldwide – including their wildlife and aquatic biodiversity, ecosystems, and economies – by pioneering and applying proven scientific ingenuity and deep tech solutions.
Our technology suite includes an AI-based software platform with near-real-time remote monitoring of water bodies to enable intelligent, precision-based treatments using our patented nature-based products.
The Remote Sensing Analyst determines optimal technologies and solutions to meet business needs. In this position, you will support the monitoring of salt water and climate change mitigation projects.
- Remote sensing methods
- Familiarity with spectral analysis of multispectral/hyperspectral optical data from remote sensing instruments & in-situ radiometers.
- Calibration and validation of satellite ocean color data
- Radiative transfer in the oceans
- Bio-optical modeling
- Algorithm development
- Knowledge in coastal physical processes such as waves-currents-tides, oceanic circulation patterns and nutrient upwelling
- Bio-optical processes like ocean primary production, photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) etc.
- Gathering and sharing, mapping, and collecting ground-truthing data
- Create and develop compliant maps required for projects and reports
- Contribute to the creation and review of carbon feasibility studies, Project Documents and Monitoring and Implementation Reports, including background research and the creation of content
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years of experience as a remote sensing analyst.
· Expertise in GIS systems/platforms to publishing for the final user, 3D visualization data, and modeling.
· Familiarity with water tech or environmental technology- Advantages
- Strong technical skills and lead projects
- True team player, with excellent communication skills with the ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Experience in collecting and analyzing open-source spatial data to analyze
- Experience in using open-source GIS software, ArcGIS, Google Earth, Google Earth Engine
- Experience with change maps using different sources of satellite imagery, including multispectral imagery
- General understanding of Python is desirable
- Excellent written skills in English
- Passionate about working in the development and the environmental sector.
Reporting to: Head of AI
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in a related field such as Physics, Science, Must
- Master of Science - MS, Physics / Master of Technology - M.Tech, Remote Sensing-Advantage