Position Location: NC USA
Report: VP Business Development USA
BlueGreen Water Technologies is leading the charge in helping preserve and promote life on Earth by restoring, safeguarding, and optimizing the health, safety of waterbodies worldwide – including their wildlife and aquatic biodiversity, ecosystems and economies – by pioneering and applying proven scientific ingenuity and deep tech solutions.
The Scientific Director will be a key member of the BlueGreen team and will be responsible for developing best practices, with the ultimate goal to build scalable processes for an execution team. This role will interface in and between the company, collaboration with governments, clients, and additional stakeholders. The primary purpose of this role will be to manage remediation projects from A-Z, this will include pre-project planning, project execution, and project close out.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring and responding to all required parameters on a Daily/weekly/monthly basis, and before and after major treatments of water bodies.
- Conduct or coordinate all aspects from monitoring, treatment, and reporting while adhering to high quality standards, and the ability to analyze field data scientifically.
- Responsible for writing and submitting reports in a timely manner per company’s policy.
- Write technical and analytical reports that detail all project activities and incorporate field and laboratory data along with the appropriate logs.
- Submit daily/weekly/monthly reports as well as treatment notifications after each treatment. At the end of the project, submit a comprehensive report about each project and summarize the project goals and achievements for presentation purposes.
- Provide technical assistance in grants, RFPs, RFQs, and project proposals.
- Provide detailed monitoring and quality assurance project plan.
- Provide professional customer support in a timely manner, including product demo, with BG’s sales representatives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Environmental savvy.
- PhD or equivalent advanced degree in the Life Sciences with 5+ years in industry. Environmental science or equivalent: microbiology, earth studies, water engineering, geology, environmental chemistry.
- Has a track record of delivering results, driving continuous improvements.
- Excellent organizational skills and meeting strict deadlines.
- Must have excellent communication skills, with native proficiency in English (reading, writing, and speaking).
- Field experience in aquatic ecosystems.
- Expertise in writing technical and analytical reports.
- Willingness to travel for 10-14 days to project sites, at high frequency during HAB season.
- Good skills in statistical analysis.
- Experience in supervising field projects.
- Good understanding of algal blooms – advantage.
- Experience with environmental regulations – advantage.