USE BY MINORS
The Service is not directed to individuals under the age of 18, and We request that these individuals will not provide personal information through the Service and/or use the Service. If your child has submitted personal information and you would like to request that such personal information be removed, please contact Us as explained below under “Contacting Us”.
We may ask you to submit personal information, depending on the nature of the requested interaction with Us (such as name, contact details, email address, workplace/organization, title/job description, etc. (if and when applicable)) in order for your benefit from certain features within Our Service (such as newsletter subscriptions, tips, registration to webinars/informative courses/other events, raising queries re water sources including such sources GPS/coordinates, satellite/drone images, request information about Us and/or Our products, order processing or otherwise) or to participate in a particular activity (such as promotional activities, informative activities, applying for Our Clean Water Program pilot on the Service (if applicable), or other). You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional.
We may combine the information you submit with other information We have collected from you, whether on- or offline, including, for example, your purchase history, your responses to different exams/queries in the Service, functions you performed on the Service, etc. We may also combine it with information We receive about you from Our affiliates and the following other recruiting sources: ‘Comeet’, ‘Linkedin’, ‘indeed’, ‘ZipRecruiter’, ‘Monster’, ‘Remotive’, ‘built in’, ‘careerJET’, ‘jobrapido’, ‘adzuna’, ‘jooble’, ‘myjobhelper’, ‘talent’, ‘JOBTARGET’.
Unless We specifically request or invite it, We ask that you will not disclose and/or send Us any sensitive personal information (e.g., identification/social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, or other beliefs, health or medical condition, sex life or sexual orientation, criminal background, or trade union membership, or biometric or genetic data for the purposes of uniquely identifying an individual) on or through the Service or otherwise directly to Us.
AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We and Our service providers may also automatically collect and use information in the following ways:
Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, and internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier if you access the Service through a mobile device. We use this information to ensure that the Service functions properly.
IP address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your internet service provider. An IP address is identified and logged automatically in Our server log files whenever a user visits the Service, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many online services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Service usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Service. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We use and disclose information you provide to Us as described to you herein and/or at the point of collection. Please see the section “Choices and Access” below to learn how you may opt-out of certain of Our uses and disclosures.
Where required by applicable law, We will obtain your consent to Our use of your personal information at the point of information collection. We may also use information from, or, about you as necessary to perform a contract, to comply with a legal obligation, or for Our legitimate business interests. We may also rely on other legal bases, specifically for:
- Providing the functionality of the Service and fulfilling your requests (including, providing you with related customer service, communicating with you, responding to your inquiries and/or applications, and sending you important information regarding Our relationship with you or regarding the Service).
- Accomplishing Our business purposes and for business operations (including, for data analysis; for audits, to verify that Our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements; for fraud and security monitoring purposes; for improving Our current, and developing new products and services; for enhancing, improving or modifying Our Service or products and services; for identifying Service usage trends; for determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns so that We can adapt Our campaigns to the needs and interests of Our users).
- We will engage in the foregoing activities, inter alia, in order to manage Our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because We have a legitimate interest. We will provide personalized services either with your consent or because We have a legitimate interest.
We also disclose information collected through the Service:
- To Our third party partners with whom We offer a co-branded or co-marketed promotion;
- To Our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e‑mail and direct mail delivery services, auditing, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services; and
- As permitted by applicable law, to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of Our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In addition, We may use and disclose your information as We believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with legal process or applicable law; (b) as permitted by applicable law to respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce Our terms and conditions; and (d) to protect Our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of Our affiliates, you, or others. We may also use and disclose your information in other ways, after obtaining your consent to do so.
We may use and disclose information We collect automatically as described above, under “Automatic Information Collection and Use.”
In addition, where allowed by applicable law, We may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If We combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is identifiable (such as combining your name with your geographical location), We will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding Our use and disclosure of your personal information
We give you choices regarding Our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving marketing and other communications from Us: If you no longer want to receive marketing or other communications from Us, you may opt-out of receiving them by contacting Us by sending an e-mail to: [email protected]. In your request to Us, please provide your name, identify the form(s) of marketing communications that you no longer wish to receive, and include the address(es) to which it/they are sent. You may also opt-out of receiving marketing communications from Us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any such message (usually at the end of the message/email you will receive).
- Our sharing of your personal information with affiliates and third-party partners: If you previously opted-in to receiving marketing communications from Our affiliates or third party partners, you may opt-out of Our sharing of your personal information with those parties for their direct marketing purposes on a going-forward basis by contacting Us via sending an e-mail to: [email protected]. In your communication to Us, please state that We should no longer share your personal information with Our affiliates and/or third-party partners for their marketing purposes and include your name and e-mail address.
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, We may not be able to directly remove your personal information from the databases of Our affiliates with which We have already shared your information (i.e., as of the date that We implement your opt-out request). However, We will make reasonable efforts to inform Our affiliates of your request. Please also note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from Us, We may still send you important transactional and administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change, or delete your personal information
If you would like to review, correct, update, restrict, or delete your personal information from Our records, or if you would like to request an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), please contact Us via an e-mail with your request to: [email protected]. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable and no later than one month after receipt. If circumstances cause any delay in Our response, you will be promptly notified and provided a date for Our response. You may also visit the Service to update your online profile.
Please note that, subject to applicable law, there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your personal information, such as for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where We have facilities or service providers, and by using Our Service or by providing consent to Us (where required by law), your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country. Appropriate contractual and other measures are in place to protect personal information when it is transferred to Our affiliates or third parties in other countries.
Some non-European Economic Area (EEA) countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, We have ensured that adequate measures are in place, including by ensuring that the recipient is bound either by (1) EU Standard Contractual Clauses, (2) EU-US Privacy Shield Certification, or (3) an EU-approved code of conduct or certification, to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting Our data protection officer in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect personal information under Our control. However, no data transmission over the internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with Us is no longer secure, please immediately notify Us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine Our retention periods include: (i) the length of time We have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Service to you; (ii) whether there is a legal, regulatory, tax and/or accounting obligation/requirement to which We are subject; (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of Our legal position (including, for Us to have an accurate record of your dealings with Us in the event of any complaints or challenges); and (iv) whether We reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your personal information or dealings.
For example, if We collect your personal information related to an order you made on Our Service and/or for purposes of processing your order, We will store it for a period of 7 years from the date you have submitted your order through Our Service.
Please note, however, that this is not an exhaustive list of retention periods. Your personal information may be stored for a longer period using the criteria set forth in the first paragraph of this section, especially points (ii) (iii) and (iv).
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
You may also contact Our data protection officer via the following email address: [email protected] .
LODGING A COMPLAINT WITH A REGULATOR
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority competent for your country or region.
If you are in the European Economic Area please click here for contact information for such authorities.